Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Name that Film: John Hughes; belleofsavannah Edition!!!

-This is my house, I have to defend it!

John Hughes died of a heart attack while taking a walk last week in New York City. He was an influential writer and director of such acclaimed hits as, "Planes, Trains and Automobiles", "The Breakfast Club" and "Mr. Mom" always keeping in the spirit of advocating for the underdog and those less than graceful, like a coming of age Molly Ringwald in 16 Candles. This week's edition will be a tribute idea from a southern belle honoring a legacy that holds all pertinent information in the spotlight for others to see.

Mr. Hughes was 59.

Teen angst! It can't be a dream! How can X number of people have the same dream?Ask every question. We tell no lies. This information must leave this room. Ok? It would devastate my reputation as a dude otherwise. This could be Christmas or another season of perpetual hope and light. You remember laughter? Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun. I don't care if I have to get out on your main street and scribe. If it costs the Film Edition everything we own, if we have to sell two souls to the devil himself, we are going to highlight this idea. You only get one life...

I'm being honest __________, I would expect you to know the difference. How 'bout a nice greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray? Everything is not an anecdote and discrimination must always be about choice and a level of awareness. You choose things that are loving or amusing or interesting and often forget...you're a miracle! I know.

It goes to show. Ask anyone you know...how many rings in the ancient oak? This edition is about stay puff glow. Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. Listen...

"Honey, I'd like you to meet ____________, who's got some amusing anecdotes for you..."

I expect a doll to have a little string on the chest, you know, that I ken pull out and have to snap it back with a rush.

...few...that was fun! Can I borrow your underpants for ten minutes? We had a small fire last night , but we caught it in the nick of time.

You see us as you want to see us: in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. Kenny, don't paint your sister!

Would you guys please hurry up, I'm breaking like 30 major laws here. If "they" told you wolverines would make good house pets, would you believe "them"? Naw, course not! You would chuckle and mention sucking the marrow and cackle like a harmless pirate, or perhaps a tomboy who played the drums.

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Oh yea?

How 'bout this....you should see the toast, I couldn't even get it thru the door! I'm pretty sure the sausage king of Chicago if I'm not mistaken is...Abe Froman? U go then and sail it toward a shore. I guess this is probably a good time as any to tell you this. I yelled at Kenny for coloring outside the lines! Megan and I are starting to watch the same TV shows and I'm liking 'em! I'm looooosing it! You know everyone in this family has gone total outer limits. Come to think of it...we're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all.

No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food. Maybe I have malaria?

Where are your hands?

Between two pillows...

Those aren't pillows!

Yeah. 220... 221, whatever it takes. Those are the breaks. Habits come hard. This one I couldn't quite fake...you couldn't score her in a million years. Perhaps a little mood music? Danke Schoen...I totally understand that you little guys start out with your woobies and you think they're great... and they are, they're terrific. But pretty soon, a woobie isn't enough. You're out on the street trying to score an electric blanket, or maybe a quilt...next thing you know, you're strung out on bedspreads.
That's serious torture and blame, which leads to shame. Games, Jake. Silly torturous games. You know how many times I've gone without lunch because some _________ borrows my lunch money? Any halfway decent girl can rob me - blind! Because I'm too torked up to say no. It's heinous, I'm telling you. I get so shook up and want desperately to initiate change with vibration because of such vast numbers & the baby boom, bang and the theory beyond. This sound travels out from the ground.

And another thing...

A. You ken never go to far

B. If anyone's getting busted, it's not gonna be by a chump.

"I always preferred to hang out with the outcasts, 'cause they were cooler; they had better taste in music, for one thing, I guess because they had more time to develop one with the lack of social interaction they had!" -John Hughes

Let's hope when you do finally grow up, your heart never dies...


Thank you blood for that tremendous tribute to a great film maker, and man. Now, let's get on with our game since I already made us late!

Directions: Read the following quotes and guess what John Hughs films they came from.

Blood-N-Bolts Productions sincerely hope that you have an enjoyable time playing our game and that you will show up again next week for our next edition of Name that Film!!! Good luck!!!

1. "Irv, are these Kotex Maxi Pads on special?"

2. "He humiliated my human decency!"

3. "Hey Howard, there's your Chinaman."

4. "Screws fall out all the time. The world's an imperfect place."

5. "My father loves this car more than life itself."

6. "Kids are stupid. I know I was."

7. "This is going to be the very last time that I try to marry you."

8. "She's into Malaka's Dino."

9. "Her first baby...came out sideways. She didn't scream or nothing."

10. "What is that? Dirty Dancing?"

Alright everyone, I think this will go faster than normal, so let's get to guessing!!! By the way, my summer vacation is over and I have to go back to work. This year, I cannot access my blog at work, so my answers will be delayed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks again to blood for his wonderful intro. Also, thanks to Beverly aka Athensspeedwayan and belleofsavannah for the suggestion to do a tribute to John Hughes! Keep those ideas coming everyone! See you next week!

35 comments:

BoltBacker21 said...

Sorry for the delay everyone. You know how it is when you have a two month vacation and then have to get back to work. Don't you? lol

Anyway, good luck and enjoy!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I'm honored and I don't know any of the answers! LOL

SpeedBeagle said...

#1 is Mr. Mom
#5 is Ferris Bueller's Day Off

klvalus said...

#4 - Breakfast Club

Woot I got one!

Blood said...

This bird has flown.

Will,

Do you know where you are? You're in the jungle baby! Welcome back to the real world. How was your summer?

I'm a bit disappointed that the Sox didn't get your 1B (AG). Kid's a player but Kotchman will do. lOVING THOSE fatiques the Padres are wearing. Good stuff.

Know in your heart of hearts, I was wishing on a star.

I just found out I'll be heading to my brother's who resides in TEMPE, AZ coming up in Nov for the USC/ASU game. Woo-hoo!

Those on the west coast, should I check in with the authorities and register prior to my arrival?

I would totally understand and this would be your call.

Keep me posted.

-B

Bosox 61 said...

Hey Will,

You people who have to work for a living really mess with my schedule. I get used to doing stuff at the same time every week and your job is interfering with my routine.

I should give you all 10 answers now (except that I only have 7) but I'll just plug in 1 to keep this moving.

#10 is "Uncle Buck".

Gene Haddock said...

Ahh, movies from a misspent youth. I knew 5 and 10.

I believe #3 is 16 Candles? The Donger!

Anonymous said...

#7 - Planes, Trains and Automobiles - per Holly, my daughter.

BoltBacker21 said...

The honor is ours Bev! Great idea. Besides, now we can bump this week's idea back to next week. We're ahead of the game!

BoltBacker21 said...

Excellent work SpeedyB! Both of your answers were right! Thanks for starting us off on this Thursday edition of Name that Film!

BoltBacker21 said...

1. Mr. Mom: "Irv, are these Kotex Maxi Pads on special?"

Answered by: SpeedBeagle

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oMdKb0KqcI

BoltBacker21 said...

5. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off: "My father loves this car more than life itself."

Answered by: Speedbeagle

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MxPoxxt7n0

BoltBacker21 said...

Nice job Kristen! You recognized Mr. Bender's sense of humor. Way to go!

BoltBacker21 said...

4. The Breakfast Club: "Screws fall out all the time. The world's an imperfect place."

Answered by: Klvalus

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8qb9TRqZsM

BoltBacker21 said...

Summer was great blood, thanks! Yes, I'm back in the concrete jungle. Today was my 17th first day of school at my current site. The kids are just a clueless as always, and it was stinking HOT out there. Oh well, it should be a good year.

ASU/USC should be a great game. The PAC 10 should be a crap shoot this year. I don't think that USC will be as dominant as usual.

I think you can come by without prior warning. No scarlett letters for Boston fans yet.

Gonzalez would have been a nice fit in Boston. He has a lot of power to the opposite field. He would just pepper that Monster all day. He slumped badly this year, but I think that is mostly due to the lack of support in the lineup. He wend 6 for 6 the other day and hit number 30 today.

BoltBacker21 said...

Sorry for the delay bosox. The first hald of blood-N-Bolts Production was right on the money as always. I dropped the ball and couldn't pick it up. It was like a football spitting out of a pileup on a muddy field.

We'll be back on schedule next week!

By the way, you were right on number 10! I see you're batting .700 this week! That's HOF kind of work right there.

BoltBacker21 said...

10. Uncle Buck: "What is that? Dirty Dancing?"

Answered by: bosox61

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5P9Wr0XvvU

BoltBacker21 said...

Nice work Hanny! Yes, the "Chinaman" in question is in deed, Long Duck Dong aka "the Donger". Classic character!

BoltBacker21 said...

3. Sixteen Candles: Hey Howard, there's your Chinaman."

Answered by: Gene Haddock

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktNZpUTMoQ

BoltBacker21 said...

Bev, it looks like Holly needs a John Hughes refresher course. Number 7 is not Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. Sorry. Maybe someone just flubbed up when typing the number?

storkjrc said...

nice edition, unfortunatly its a great tribute to John Hughes. My formative years were the 80's sad to say. His movies provided many memorable moments for me and my friends.

2. Vacation
6. Weird Science
8. Pretty in Pink
9. Planes Tranes and Automobiles

I also know 1,3,4,5.

the one for number 8 is just a guess.

once again, great job BOLT and BLOOD.

Bolt, glad to see your back in the classroom, My wife starts next week, we like to slack here in KY.

BoltBacker21 said...

Well, I'll tell you what Storkjrc, I think you got a couple of movies mixed up this time. You were correct on 2 and 9, but incorrect on 6 and 8.

Still a great week knowing 6 of them. My guess is that you will get some more later. Afterall, we all Flub-up every now and then. As a matter of fact, you are the second person to flub-up on number 6 this week!

Thanks for the kind words and searching us out so late in the week!

Good luck to your wife and her students. So far, my students have been fine. Some of the adults have been fools though.

BoltBacker21 said...

2. Vacation: "He humiliated my human decency!"

Answered by: Storkjrc

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMIUjRJZKJc

BoltBacker21 said...

9. Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: "Her first baby...came out sideways. She didn't scream or nothing."

Answered by: Storkjrc

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY4tw7egGn0

BoltBacker21 said...

I was trying to give a hint for number 6 and I ended up leaving one for number 7 instead. We all Flub-up sometimes!

BoltBacker21 said...

We still need 6, 7, and 8! Here are some clues:

6. Hmmmm. I might have to stay home and think about this clue for a while.

7. Sorry I was late this week. I guess I am an absent minded professor sometimes.

8. Take that bra off your head and get serious!

Bosox 61 said...

Ok, my turn.

#6 is "Home Alone".
#8 is "Weird Science".

No clue on #7

See ya next week!

BoltBacker21 said...

Nice work bosox! Yes on 6 and 8. Number 7 was a remake of an old Disney movie with (I believe) Fred McMurray.

BoltBacker21 said...

6. Home Alone: "Kids are stupid. I know I was."

Answered by: bosox61

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9geXcUUpTI

BoltBacker21 said...

8. Weird Science: "She's into Malaka's Dino."

Answered by: bosox61

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXKHoZJJ5bI

BoltBacker21 said...

Okay, all we need is number 7!

Bosox 61 said...

would that be "Flubber"?

BoltBacker21 said...

That's it!!!! By the way, I would never normally use "flub" in conversation.

Congrats for figuring out the final movie and completing our game! See you next Tuesday!

BoltBacker21 said...

7. Flubber: "This is going to be the very last time that I try to marry you."

Answered by: bosox61

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boVVKPaGqew

Bosox 61 said...

Sorry to disappoint you Will. The "Flub" part went right over my head. It was the Fred McMurray reference that got me.

What's wrong with the word flub anyway? I think Im going to try and use it three times in conversation today.