Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Name That Film: Music In Film Edition!


"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent”

It's all about the music, man and one good thing about music....when it hits...you feel no pain.

Yaar...were 'ra...on a mission from Gaawd, Ma'am...set out to relocate, a place where the spirits are more than high...maybe the Cotton Club or Chess records, which, incidental, produced Muddy Waters and Little Walter and the eventual birth of rock and roll, Mr. Chuck Berry, circa 1955! So I'm gonna write a little letter and send it off today!

Yeah, and great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex, and sex disguised as love... and let's face it, you've had a huge head start. I wouldn't be able to compete, so let us dance and be merry and occasionally...a little soft. The term soundtrack is often confused with film score, as a soundtrack may also include songs featured in the film as well as previously released music by other artists, while the score does not. A score is written specifically to accompany a film, by the original film's composer(s).

You will have to trust us...the Film Edition would like to bring new kinda blue sound of soul to an entire nation before another train leaves the station if only for poetic justice. How narrow is perspective? You decide how wide. None are doomed to lead a marginal life as a factory rat. Not no....not how! There is no natural need to plunge into a world of self delusion, drugs, and tragedy. Get back on the beat. Its, one for the money. Two for the road. Gee, this a-getting heavy...feel we could implode. Or explode like the ever-expanding music scene. Enter the dream. A world of roses...a song from the muses as a creation meant for performance and significance. Vary culture according to social context. Music ranges from strictly organized compositions (and their recreation in performance), through improvisational music to some fancy word which escapes me at the moment forms. Genre and subgenre and so on and on dividing lines in the sand because music you understand does not dilly dally....it is left open to individual interpretation, and occasionally controversial. Some like it hot!

This could be the opportunity of a lifetime to land an assignment. Bye bye birdie. Each encounter affords adventure and romance. Condensation. Drops of dew called into action for the unusual journey through the doors of perception. Haad-core logo...head whacking martial arts. Though roll and roll may not be dangerous...it's better to burn out...then fade away. Hey, would you say I'm seduced by sound and down for a carnival at night, juiced up and anything but chaste, blasting illicit rock and roll, and bearing great songs of service? Pirate radio ken be like street graffiti art with an electro beat. Film spectators may be quiet vampires and tonight or never.....while on holiday in Venice...become intrigued by Fletcher...he's only out for...Blood?

You open to the idea of jazz influences and dissonant blues and a streetcar named desire? Berstein sure works on the waterfront in 54 too and Stravinsky as well...the result reminiscent of royalty with its "jazz-based harmonies and exciting additive rhythms." Inspiration and experimentation with atonality scored East of Eden in 55! Rebel without a cause! In a collaboration there are experimentation with musical textures amid dizzying swirls and perhaps, electronic sounds. Modern innovation lends to immediate gratification, but we're not familiar with your earlier works. Music is an art form and this medium is sound. Choose your weapon.There are no common elements only melody and harmony governed under pitch and lotsa rhythm, which tends to associate tempo with meter and articulation. Many are the concepts and dynamics...we gut a ton and prefer sonic qualities! Timbre and texture.

Hey, Saturday night disco king, I believe in a long prolonged derangement of the senses to attain the unknown island...and although some may dwell in the subconscious, our pale reason hides the infinite from us. Too much meat and not enough potatoes! The art of heaven on earth and a hearty philosophy of startle to wonder. Feel thought...however measured or far away. From the streets to superstardom. Rising up. If this proves so, could Casey Kasem take up slinging record spinners if only to heal the world?

Find out if top forty comes back. Bear witness to a musical montage with seaside clashes or the rise and fall of Metropolitan operas. La La La La Bamba! Left to right. Stick and move, an explosive combination fueled by a hard day's night. That's not your Grandfather. No principals have gone insane! I can't explain. Think it's love. Deep in my heart I'm concealing things I'm longing to say. Scared to confess what I'm feeling-frightened you'll slip away. You aren't a conniving agent with an axe to grind? We could be dancing...yeah.


I'll tell you what everyone, you will not find intros like that anywhere else by here and on The Blood Blog! Thanks bloodredsox for once again taking our little game to the next level. You never cease to amaze me. Now, on to the game!

Directions: Read the quotes below and see if you can name the movie it came from. This week, all movie quotes came from movies that had something to do with music. Have fun!!!

1. "You guys look great in red. Have I told you that yet?"

2. "First of all, let's get one thing straight. I never heard of The Red Shoes. I never saw The Red Shoes. I don't give a shit about The Red Shoes!"

3. "First, medicinal wine from a teaspoon, then beer from a bottle!"

4. "It's tragic really. He exploded on stage."

5. "Slowly, slowly. I need a minute to practice."

6: "Yeah, I couldn't bare the thought of you and my poker money leaving town at the same time."

7. "We're all going to Hell for the songs we sing."

8. "I will use anything if I think it will teach a student to love music."

9. "We ain't great. We're just some guys from Jersey."

10. "Nathaniel has one thing going for him.....a friend."


There you go everyone! Have at it! Leave your answers in the comment section and I'll let you know ASAP if you were correct and attach a link to the clip that proves it!

As always, Blood-N-Bolts Productions would like to thank all of you for your participation!

See you next week!

25 comments:

BoltBacker21 said...

Sorry no pictures yet. I fell behind but I plan on fixing that tonight! Good luck!

BleedPRPLnGOLD said...

Not much for musicals but I'm a music junkie. One of the worst things about the break-up of Fox Sports was the music attached to blogs. I have the same problem at SRM...No Playlists or You tube autoplay to accompany the blog. It's a real downer.

As far as the game, I'm at a loss.

I'll take a shot in the dark at #8 with Mr. Holland's Opus because it seems to fit.




bloodman should dig this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1vUY-AhvZU

BoltBacker21 said...

I hear you about the playlists Bleed. I have my playlist on this site, but half the time, I never even think to turn it on.

You should shoot in the dark more often! You were right about number 8. Nice work!

BoltBacker21 said...

8. Mr. Holland's Opus: "I will use anything if I think it will teach a student to love music."

Answered By: BleedPRPLnGOLD

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO5Ov4GttsQ

Bosox 61 said...

Cripes Bolt...You're on time this week! Threw my whole schedule off.

This week was kind of easy for me. I had 7 out of 10. Bleed gave you #8 (I didn't know that one...never saw the flic). My wife, the Fabulous Cindy, gave me #10 (that one was so new I won't see it for probably another year or so).

How 'bout I give you the oldest one first. #3 is from "The Music Man"

I don't really know the answer to #2 so I'll guess (based on the way you typed the clue) the movie was the old British flic about the ballet "The Red Shoes". I know that can't be right...too obvious.

BoltBacker21 said...

Thanks for playing bosox! I knew I could count on you. We're a bit slow this week. I think my inconsistancy has taken a toll on the players. Hopefully, we can get them back.

You were right about number 3. Tell the Fabulous Cindy that she should log in and get credit for her answer. We would be honored to have her in the game.

BoltBacker21 said...

3. The Music Man: "First, medicinal wine from a teaspoon, then beer from a bottle!"

Answered By: bosox61

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKH9fkSHuH0

Anonymous said...

SpeedBeagle said

#1 is That Thing You Do

klvalus said...

Hey Bolt! I got nothin this time but again loved Bloods intro!

Bummer about the spammer...

BoltBacker21 said...

Nice work SpeedyB! Thanks for playing!

BoltBacker21 said...

1. That Thing You Do: "You guys look great in red. Have I told you that yet?"

Answered By: SpeedBeagle

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs_h7YdIe_k

BoltBacker21 said...

Thanks Kristen. Sorry the quotes didn't ring any bells for you. Glad you liked the intro though!

Thanks for playing.

As for the spammer, I do continue to get comments on old posts that he/she is trying to hide in my blog. I wouldn't know they were there without the emails. I hate it, but I think it is necessary right now.

Bosox 61 said...

OK...Here is another.

#9 is "Eddie and the Cruisers"

#4 is "This is Spinal Tap"

Blood said...

It makes all the preparation and splicing worth it when we know people are digging the intro and the game and getting a chuckle or two.

Sometimes this world will kick down the most ardent of philosophers...

As Will and I like to say..."this is more fun than 2 grown men across the country should be allowed to have..."

Laughing all the way to the soul smile bank to make another deposit.

Thank you for this.

-Blood

Blood said...

Bleedman,

Thanks for looking out brother!

-Blood

BoltBacker21 said...

NIce work bosox!

Correct on both answers!

4. This Is Spinal Tap: "It's tragic really. He exploded on stage."

Answered By: bosox61

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZbHagBNY98

BoltBacker21 said...

9. Eddie And The Cruisers: "We ain't great. We're just some guys from Jersey."

Answered By:
bosox61
Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvMlSt8IXwk

Bosox 61 said...

#5 is from one of the best movies I have ever seen. "Amadeus"

#7 is from one of the worst. "Walk the line"

That's all I got this week Will.

BoltBacker21 said...

Way to carry us this week bosox! Great work! I'll try to be on time again next Tuesday!

5. Amadeus: "Slowly, slowly. I need a minute to practice."

Answered By: bosox61

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOP0NVGaqBw

BoltBacker21 said...

7. Walk The Line: "We're all going to Hell for the songs we sing."

Answered By: bosox61

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZYMOr2wlaY

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your movie game, but don't know many films--maybe one or two a week. Blood does a great job on the intro, but sometimes I can't quite get it. His best all-time intro was the Thanksgiving one. Marvelous!

I hope you get your fans back.

Mom

BoltBacker21 said...

I must say that I am quite honored that my mother would take the time to join in on our fun. Yes, Blood is one of a kind. He calls his language "Bloodbonics". I must admit that I am stumped at time myself, but I always recognize his brilliance. On top of that, he is a great guy.

As for the fans, I hope they return too. My counter at the bottom still shows people reading, but not that many playing. However, we did musicals a while back and they struggled then too. Perhaps musical are only easy to bosox61.

Thanks for dropping in Mom! Feel free to answer anytime you figure one out. See you on the 12th!

RA6AN said...

Late again to the party, but this time I know one!

#2 A Chorus Line

BoltBacker21 said...

Hey, better late than never RA6AN! You are correct on number 2! Thanks for playing! Don't forget to try your luck on our latest edition of Name That Film...Pet Peeves!

BoltBacker21 said...

2. A Chorus Line: "First of all, let's get one thing straight. I never heard of The Red Shoes. I never saw The Red Shoes. I don't give a shit about The Red Shoes!"

Answered By: RA6AN

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-yjj6_LBCs