Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Name That Film: Anything Goes Edition!

Getting back in the swing of things is not as easy as it sounds. Nothing endures quite like change and yes, strange, there is a certain security in the status quo. How do we claim to know? Call it a guess. Now the Film Edition is no house of sin or place of illicit activity, but beautiful showgirls may pose as an evil robot to seduce at any time given the medium. This doesn't have to be a hangout for the power class to qualify! Anything goes!

Stuck with a flat tire? When in a prolonged rut the individual must step back to attack the forest through the trees and all the disease it represents, affecting new laws of natural discourse.

Putting on the ritz may give ya fits, it's true, but singing in the rain will give you the flu. Of course it could be worse. In fact, this could be a mission if you so choose. Those faint in heart and mind need not apply and don't bother watching the news...talk about singing the blues! Let's...do...the...time warp...again!


Turn around and repeat the steps whenever you’re away from me in a Busby Berkley-style number with glitter and legs. Some days, I feel like a family of muses that could light any city and always tend to order pizzas, hire slave dancers and the Max Rebo Band when the mood hits. Could it be sheer loneliness? Understand, sometimes it seems these leaks spring any day or way they please and whose gut that much gum or money on hand to carry extra nautical insurance? Age is a number and anger without cause does not bury the burden, but instead, necessitates a closer inspection. Now look at the direction this connection has taken!

Taking shape and given life all of it's own. I wanna dance the night away.

Considering the options, what leaves couldn't stand a little pruning or a brand new home? Isn't is strange, if you claim "malcontent", to be set in your ways for beyond days and get the same old results?

Rest assured, a person's character never truly changes from seeds of inception deep into the blind well of old age. So, go with what ya gut, where you happen to be, and trust in faith and that very same gut when it's friction versus momentum. We are often taxed by foolish pride, but don't dump any tea...just yet. Change is only a superficial observer and cares little for any heartfelt petition or reasons to object and the change is a symbolic part of ourselves we leave behind, never to be seen again and so we feel sad.

Aren't you glad luck has found this opportunity? Will we remain in a rote perfectly content just to be? Some say if you don't know your chemistry you may just be doomed to repeat it. Beliefs have the power to create as well as the power to destroy. This gives the individual an awesome ability to define each new experience. Yes, strangers will pass and laugh and point fingers but not the same ones as kids on a bus and whisper to each other about an old dog and new tricks, and this is no advertisement, excess on occasion ken be exhilarating, you should try it!

Speech without profit is maddening no doubt and not quite your circus sideshow but getting real close. Though not a betting man, I'm sure one should never annoy a hungry lion.

Void of routine the exploreer always does relish the role as a novice held under close investigation in the laboratories of the world. Loosening the reigns of routine and habit-hurling way past protocol-because...there are only so many hours in the day!

The suspense kills us all slowly...do you think it will last? Adapt and then adapt again or slowly perish. Start slow. Continue to squeeze that schedule, forget Joy or the notion of Beauty and get right down to the bottom line and thy'll call it a crime. This is no mid-life crisis but merely a tale of mortal men and their vices. Humanity tends to exploit novelty, much like our forefathers before us, placing less emphasis on the meat and potatoes of existence and going with the frilly lace and fancy steeples. On any given day there's no telling where we, as a society, will be swept off to...and yet, 6 feet of earth still make all men equal.

Endure what you must. Trust the notion of wellness in and among the beasts of the wild. Throw caution to the wind with the unpolluted eyes of a child. Take a chance. I hope you dance. Why, you know it to be true! Abstain to sustain sustenance. Gee baby aint I good to you? Imagine folly to stray idle so the old fashioned nut and a time hardened bolt make for the woods.

I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore or less, and 'less you decide to pass, this view never changes. This may bring about a hefty fine because maneuvering around a flashing bus tends to bring more than just new scents of the wind and tons of adolescent kids flipping the bird as you gaze on up mortified with the berry blues. Met with a similar situation, I say, please assume incompetence or ignorance before looking for conspiracy or blaming the Film Edition.

Remember, a fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject, much to the audience's dismay.



Well, if anything goes, I don't have much to explain for this week's quotes! As always, thanks to Blood for his ever entertaining introduction. Name that Film would not be the same without it. Remember to check out "The Blood Blog" for more of the same.

By the way. All of the pictures are in honor of the late Patrick Swayze who passed away this week. They do not necessarily represent any movies in our game.

Directions: Read the movie quotes below and try to name the film they came from! That's it! Have at it and good luck to one and all!

1. "I think it's hard winning a war with words General."

2. "I want you to hit me in the face."

3. "I didn't like him anyway. He wasn't right....in the head."

4. "I'm standing here, you make the move. You make the move. It's your move."

5. "1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here.

6. "You cursed brat! Look what you've done!"

7. "Excuse me, am I being fired?"

8. "KMART sucks."

9. "People will say we're in love."

10. "You're to stupid to have a good time!"


Now, weren't those the easiest quotes you have ever tried to answer? Yes? NO? I guess we'll see soon enough!

Thanks for playing everyone and remember to keep checking in to see the answers that you couldn't get.

See you next time on Name that Film!!!

52 comments:

Bosox 61 said...

When did you post this? No comments yet?

I have a question about number 1. I want to say that it is a line used by Rhett Butler in Gone With the Wind, but his line didn't end with the word General. His line ended with the word gentlemen.

Other that that, I got them all right this week. If someone else doesn't comment, I'll have to show off.

BoltBacker21 said...

Hi Bosox! Actually I just got this up tonight. I thought I wouldn't get have it until tomorrow, but I managed to get the quotes done and decided to get started.

You got number 1 right. Let's look at the clip and see if I screwed up. I did kind of rush the work this time.

Thanks for playing! How many more do you know?

BoltBacker21 said...

1. Gone With The Wind: "I think it's hard winning a war with words General."

Answered By: Bosox61

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuPVjLiKQJg

SpeedBeagle said...

#1 Gone With the Wind; however, the line is "I think it's hard winning a war with words, gentlemen." Trust me on this one. My roommate has the entire script of the movie memorized.

#6 The Wizard of Oz

#9 Carousel

BoltBacker21 said...

Nice work SpeedyB! I have to figure that you and bosox are right about number 1.

You are also right about the Wizard of Oz!

Nice work!

BoltBacker21 said...

6. The Wizard of Oz - "You cursed brat! Look what you've done!"

Answered By: SpeedBeagle
Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfV_ENR5IZE

SpeedBeagle said...

#5 is Back to the Future

SpeedBeagle said...

Did I get #9 right?

Bosox 61 said...

Hey Will,

To answer your question, I believe that I have all 10 correct. I'm so sure that I'll got out on a limb and say that Speed is wrong on #9, but oh, so close.

You really covered the spectrum this week. Movies spanning 70 years, 3 of the greatest actors from this era, an actor who is a legend in his own mind and a token appearence by Patrick Swayze, God rest his soul.

SpeedBeagle said...

Ok, if #9 isn't Carousel, then it's Oklahoma. I KNOW it's Rogers & Hammerstein.

BoltBacker21 said...

Hi Speedy! Sorry, you are wrong on 9 and 5. Now that I think of it, number 9 is kind of a trick question. The charactor saying this is certainly not singing.

Great try though.

BoltBacker21 said...

bosox, I had the feeling that you would do really well this week. However, are you sure you have number 9 right? It is not a musical.

Bosox 61 said...

Then I guess I have only 9 right.

Bosox 61 said...

OK Will! #9 challanged me. Once I got the tune out of my head I was able to think on this. I think I got it now.

#9 was a line used by Hannibal Lecter to Clarisse in "The Silence of the Lambs".

BoltBacker21 said...

You sly dog! You're right! Number 9 is Silence of the Lambs! Like I said, it's not musical!

BoltBacker21 said...

9. Silence of the Lambs - "People will say we're in love."

Answered By: bosox61

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfrHehFzVtk

Blood said...

To give a man mlike myself a free reign may be dangerous but, ANYTHING GOES! I thought that might set you up to see some really good pitches?

Shall we do an appropriate tribute to Mr Swayze nesxt week?

BTW...if you sent me an email idea my dog ate it, whic poses a real problems...

1. I haven't had a dog since my early 20's...

Whattaya say? Whattaya know?

-Blood

Blood said...

Holy misspellings Batman!

aero said...

Hey guys, I hope all is well with my friends at blood and bolt productions.

I have three guesses and my usual excuse for not being able to identify the others.

#6. The Wizard of Oz
#7. Philadelphia
#10. Roadhouse (rip Patrick)

Take care my friends.

storkjrc said...

not batting up to my average this week. Must have been the "Anything Goes" super intro. LOL

2. Fight Club

3. Taxi Driver- I believe you have used this movie atleast once before, but with a different quote, of course.

5. No Country for Old Men


I also knew 6 and 10.

RIP Patrick Swayze. He starred in some of my early film favs, The Outsiders, Red Dawn.

Blood said...

Brother Areo: at least your consistent?

Storkjrc: was it the extra liberties in the anything goes?

-Blood

jon_464 said...

For #1, I'll go with either Red Dawn or North and South.

BoltBacker21 said...

HI Blood! I think your computer is spamming me! Anyway, I'm all for the swayze tribute. My email was for the beginning of the football season. So, how about Swayze next, followed by football?

Now people can get a look at the behind the scenes work at Blood-N-Bolts Productions!

BoltBacker21 said...

Nice work aero! You were correct on all three guesses!

As always, thanks for playing and your clips will follow!

BoltBacker21 said...

7. Philadelphia - "Excuse me, am I being fired?"

Answered By: aero

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5QKusmIYk8

BoltBacker21 said...

10. Road House - "You're to stupid to have a good time!"

Answered By: aero

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn96jR5Geyk

BoltBacker21 said...

Thanks storkjrc! Actually, number 2 is not Fight Club. I may have used Taxi Driver, but not for number 3. You did nail number 5 however, so great work!

Keep on swinging, you'll get more.

BoltBacker21 said...

5. No Country For Old Men - "1958. It's been traveling 22 years to get here.

Answered By: storkjrc

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkh6if8TL2U

BoltBacker21 said...

Thanks for playing jon. Actually number 1 was Gone With The Wind and I got the quote wrong. It should have ended with gentlemen, not gereral.

klvalus said...

Man I am no good at these anything goes ones! Movie lines just dont stick with me!! LOL

I knew Fight Club but thats it...

RIP Patrick - you were awesome in Outsiders and my mom loved you in D.Dancing and Ghost...

storkjrc said...

blood, intro was great, in trying to absorb it all, i lost my movie quote focus. LOL.

even made me type the number on my entry.

I used 3, its actually #4 that I thought was Taxi Driver.

2 has me confused. I will have to wait for the clues. Although I am pretty sure that phrase is in the scene with Pitt and Norton at the bar, the first night they meet.

Bosox 61 said...

I don't believe nobody has even guessed on number 8. It was the first one that jumped off the screen and bit me on the nose.

"K-Mart sucks" is the most famous quote from the Dustin Hoffman movie "Rain Man".

Blood said...

Storkjrc: you made me laugh out loud, which isn't cool when ya gut to say to the head cube in charge,

"juss wipin' 'em off, boss!"

Thank you.

-Blood


Will-we can't show them behind the scenes until the VH1 special. Sounds good brother.

-Blood

Blood said...

Will,

I never intended any delivery of spam...it's not my thing.

Over and out!

Blood said...

Will,

I never intended any delivery of spam...it's not my thing.

Over and out!

BoltBacker21 said...

You crack me up Kristen. You said that you knew Fight Club, but nothing else. I hate to tell you but, Fight Club was not one of the movies used. Sorry.

Thanks for playing though!!!!

BoltBacker21 said...

Great work storkjrc. I figured you just had the wrong number, but I didn't know for sure.

Great call on Taxi Driver. I love that movie. It's very uplifting. jk

BoltBacker21 said...

4. Taxi Driver - "I'm standing here, you make the move. You make the move. It's your move."

Answered By: storkjrc

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e9CkhBb18E

BoltBacker21 said...

You're right bosox. I am shocked that the Rain Man quote didn't get knocked out first. Funny how these things work.

BoltBacker21 said...

4. Taxi Driver - "I'm standing here, you make the move. You make the move. It's your move."

Answered By: bosox61

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e9CkhBb18E

BoltBacker21 said...

Sounds good B!

BoltBacker21 said...

Sounds good B!

BoltBacker21 said...

8. Rain Man - "KMART sucks."

Answered By: bosox61

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBoyo5XydN8

BoltBacker21 said...

Okay, here are your clues for numbers 2 and 3. Remember, quotes are sometimes from multiple movies. Only the movie that I inteded to be used is correct.

Number 2: Sililar to a black and white energy drink.

Number 3: He is 7' tall and lightning bolts shoot from his arse.

Bosox 61 said...

I'll give it til friday afternoon before giving you the last two.

BoltBacker21 said...

Honorable to the end my friend.

Thanks bosox!

Bosox 61 said...

OK, the last 2.

#2 is another DeNiro movie. "Raging Bull"

#3 is a Mel Gibson tribute to himself. "Braveheart"

BoltBacker21 said...

You are correct sir! Can you tell I like Bobby D?

Thanks for giving us some closure for this weeks edition bosox!

Not to toot my own horn, but I kind of liked the clue for Raging Bull.

As always, thanks for playing!!

BoltBacker21 said...

2. Raging Bull - "I want you to hit me in the face."

Answered By: bosox61

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBjvJpo-EM8

WARNING: Violence and profanity

BoltBacker21 said...

3. Braveheart - "I didn't like him anyway. He wasn't right....in the head."

Answered By: bosox61

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs8QKXtCN9w

BoltBacker21 said...

Thanks for playing everyone! Next week will be a tribute to Patrick Swayze. Looks like I need to find some new pictures!

BleedPRPLnGOLD said...

I knew #2, #3, #6, #8 &#9 but, I'm late to the party...Remember when we could all gather in one spot?

A big THANKS goes out to Sux Farts for changing the format and breaking up a great group. (Sometimes change isn't all it's cracked up to be despite your eloquent into bloodman)

RIP Swayze