Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Name that Film: Back to School Edition!!!

Can you believe it's that time again? Up in the morning and off to school. Maybe you're a bit melancholic with the morning dew already glistening? The issue on hand was and still is about every teacher teaching the golden rule. Learn. Unlearn. Relearn. This will affect Eternity. One ken never tell where this influence stops upon the delicate threshold of the mind and where it will begin in time. It is a smart balance of fool's gold to pay it forward as every act of conscious learning affects the esteem. This is not a dream. I feel fetid. Not to make it a standard practice, but "Chances Aaaaare" there may be some discrepancies in the air as to the idea(s) of education. Therefore, compare and contrast the price tag in the School Of Hard Knocks; running inside the cracks of any avenue, anywhere across the globe to last year's tuition @ George Washington University with a price tag of $39,240--and that’s before room and board not including books. Without any hard stares or menacing looks...which one truly costs more?



"Fate gave to man the courage of endurance."

The Critic as Artist ken use words that are quite harsh.

If there were no schools to take the children temporarily away, would the asylums begin to overflow? If a tree falls in a conducive environment, idea windows could begin to grow and flow outside their flowerpots, crawling like irrational vines stretching across municipal properties, racing like seeds of dicease to infect and encroach any open minds that happen to be passing.

Any teacher who tells, smells and may require immediate relief. Explain. Demonstrate. Inspire. Evoke immediate emotional response, light a cosmic fire and become too frenetically busy for busywork to bother!

O, where O, where has bountiful youth and vigor gone? ____ on vinegar! Lest we forget the words to our own swan song! Work hard. Live easy and love long! Holidays are enticing in the short run but if I could think you'd be exhausted. Labor Day could have been Independence Day but the name was already taken. Think of the overhead saved on electricity...enough to feed a few faces in the land of the forsaken? You betcha!

All they do is moan with a hand out! Maybe YOU ken help straighten out the Longfellow? It feels like years and so many tears, they leave trails! It is often said...when a student is ready the master appears and yet time is a teacher killing all it's pupils. Go figga! I'm gonna need a tip...is there smoke in these mirrors? See clearer! There are little surprises 'round every corner but fret not...everything is closer than it appears. This being one way to hit the nail on the head and drive 'er home when an individual is silent and all alone. Even so, the state is in a rears and I'm hooked on Blood-Bonics by way of the "K"...think of the fun in the sun and it's penetrating rays: shining on down...like...education...without a sound, care or concern, as we, polite society, in passive aggressive fits of anarchy, deliberate and discern the true notion of education with every plausible impediment.

Words, like ink blotted lifeforms draped over a dynamic laundry line, held taut between opposite ends of the spectrum, continue to stain the annals of Humanity with reason, action, logic and the bittersweet twists of irony. Think anyone that is buying bought? Let's light this candle. Is there really no exit? Show discretion when paying attention because sometimes, depending on the speaker, its just not worth it. Learning is a treasure and all the world a laboratory when held under close investigation. Besides, when you worry it ken affect your body. Having trouble sleeping is also a sign of stress. Call me sometime when you have no class. We offer free play with paints, a chance to dress up and spend some quality time at a sand table and work through the past. Use the toys. Circle time consists of learning activities and a song. Please try and get a long. And about that Longfellow...Henry's wad is worth at least the night, depending on where and when, if, subtle and fair most everywhere, a warm, soft vapor does fill the air, which can't compare, to what he may have been thinking, beating pinions, with sounds I could never really hear, 'zept in the imagination, but talk about meter and rhyme!

School is a fact of life young jedi knight and depending on how you implement the system, it could be an investment? A whole, gather ye rosebuds while ye may, kinda thing, which I've always wanted to repeat if only to say, "imagine the garden growing full of friends!" If you think Safeguard's expensive, try Dove! Never let schooling interfere with a staunch education. This train has not left the station and will aim for nuttin less than the highest plane of edjamakation.

I've just been handed a bulletin..."the simplest schoolboy is now familiar with truths for which Archimedes would have given his life...", which may not amount to much since he is currently dead.

Listen to children and you shall hear, almost anything to stay in the clear, everyday all day without exception...try to survive; is there one now alive who hasn't heard that jive with little expectation? The Film Edition understands education as something to prepare the uninformed to fish in a big pond with all species of marine life that do not play by the Aquarium rules. This message needs to reach each and every one of our schools without exception. Fools! Obsolete and required should never be mended to remain fast friends in any range of the curriculum! Home computers have now turned into a bunch of mangy mutts chewing up eloquently filed reports unto technological defecation. Though, the film Edition does specialize in specializing situations and have tons on hand...least two 3 hundred by me; and, a couple 4 thousand score more, I see, ready for printing and word, but not to do any harm to more than every Middlesex village and farm, but for the world folk to challenge and choke and be held up in arms highly accountable for the ideas of impression and education.

After all, it's all in the presentation.

Thanks to Blood for his wonderful intro this week. Even the President got in on this week's film edition with a live speech for our nations students! We must really be getting popular!
Now, your job, if you choose to accept it, is to read the quotes below and name the movie they came from. Remember, each movie was about school aged kids and their lives.

Good luck and thanks for playing Name that Film!!!

1. "Without the bike, it's Moody's now."
2. "If you don't give your academic subjects equal time.....you're out."

3. "You know Bill? There's one thing I've learned in all my years. Sometimes you got to say, "What the %$#&" and make your move."

4. "This is the wrong bus son. This is for players. You ride back with the cheerleaders."

5. "To me, being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It's not about winning. It's about you, and your relationship to yourself and your family and your friends."

6. "I don't care what that scoreboard says at the end of the game. In my book we are going to be winners! Okay?"

7. "This guys been stoned since the third grade."

8. "Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?"

9. "You owe me 100% and I'll see you in The People's Court."

10. "We sink, we swim, we rise, we fall, we meet our fate together!"

Alright, now let's see those answers! Some are easy and some are hard. Don't feel bad if you get shut out, just let us know that you checked in and then try again next Tuesday!

Thanks again to blood and remember to check out the Blood Blog when you get a chance.


Thanks for playing Name that Film!!!

45 comments:

Bosox 61 said...

Hey Will,

Reading Blood's intro in becoming more fun than playing the game.

This one took me by surprise. I didn't think I knew anything about teen-age school flics with the possible exception of FT@RH. However the only one I don't know is #2 and the only thing I am sure of about #2 is that it didn't come from FT@RH; #7 came from that one.

BoltBacker21 said...

Great to see you bosox! I was starting to wonder where everyone was! I guess the later posting time doesn't help. Dang job!

Anyway, sounds like you hit .900 this week!! Awesome!

Next will be your clip from number 7!

Thanks as always for playing!

PS Blood is really on a roll. It might be time for him to write a book. As long as he comes through with the intro still.

BoltBacker21 said...

7. Fast Times at Ridgemont High - "This guys been stoned since the third grade."

Answered By: Bosox61

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9huSs0g67c

SpeedBeagle said...

Once again, not a clue. There are only two school themed movies I remember anything about- The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie and Stand and Deliver(I used to babysit a girl whose big sister taught with Jaime Escalante at Garfield).

BoltBacker21 said...

Well SpeedyB, your effort is always appreciated. Seems to me that you should have gotten one of the quotes right with your experience. (hint, hint)

Anonymous said...

Good to enjoy blood's ramblings again. What a trip that always is.

I can't remember my old sign in from Elk's Sports Lodge because I've been stoned since the third grade.

#2 Remember the Titans?

#4 Bring It On?

#8 Superbad?

-Bleed

storkjrc said...

I guess i will have to keep being runner up to bosox. I only batted
.800 this week.

I will give you two, so as not to spoil for everyone else.

1. My Bodyguard- Don't ask me why but I have always liked this movie. A young Matt Dillon, played the character in the quote Moody.

2. Fame- I will give you this one since its the one Bosox didn't get.

I didn't know 3 or 4 right off, I have some guesses. Hope the other players can fill me in.

aero said...

Hey guys, this is truly an awe inspiring presentation.

My guesses for this week are for number 6 being from Hoosiers and number 7 being from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Several more sounded familiar, but I had the same problem as Spicoli in high school and have a slight problem with my memory.

Enjoyed it as always, thank you my friends. Take care.

Blood said...

Man, I laughed several times just reading the comments.

Thanks to all.

I even started on next week's intro so as to really hit 'er home.

THIS IS NOT A THREAT! :)

-Blood

p.s. was that the infamous Bleedman?

Anonymous said...

BLEED.....LOL!!!! I'm thinking about the answers.

Anonymous said...

5 - Friday Night Lights!

6 - Varsity Blues!

Holly Elizabeth (Bev's kid)

BoltBacker21 said...

Yes, we have a Bleed sighting!!! Great to see you my friend!

As is often the case, your answers are great! Wrong, but great!

I do love the movie Superbad thought. I should have used it for this, but a few more "f" words than I like to include on this blog. My fantasy baseball name is McLovin. What does that say about me?

Hope to see you next Tuesday!

BoltBacker21 said...

Nice work Storkjrc! 8 of 10 is nothing to sneeze at. Thanks for the patience as well.

You were correct on 1 and 2. Your clips will follow!

Thanks for playing!!!

BoltBacker21 said...

1. My Bodyguard - "Without the bike, it's Moody's now."

Answered By: storkjrc

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mzfFZQOgpg

BoltBacker21 said...

2. Fame - "If you don't give your academic subjects equal time.....you're out."

Answered By: storkjrc

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51g-cS7nYUY

BoltBacker21 said...

Thanks for playing and the kind words aero. You were right on both of your answers! Remember to pass every now and then and your memory may come back. lol

Clip to follow.

Thanks again!

BoltBacker21 said...

6. Hoosiers - "I don't care what that scoreboard says at the end of the game. In my book we are going to be winners! Okay?"

Answered By: aero

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4Lhw4M-GTg

BoltBacker21 said...

6. Hoosiers - "I don't care what that scoreboard says at the end of the game. In my book we are going to be winners! Okay?"

Answered By: aero

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4Lhw4M-GTg

BoltBacker21 said...

Hi Bev, we still have a few for you to answer if you can. It was great to see Bleed show up here. I started a blog on fox as BoltBacker17 to see if I liked it more than when I left. Jury is still out, but at least I can comment now.

BoltBacker21 said...

Hi Holly Elizabeth! Nice to see a new player on here. You batted .500 today with your answers. Not too bad for a rookie. You were correct on 5, but missed 6 (Hoosiers).

Thanks for playing and I hope you become a regular!

Your clip will follow!

BoltBacker21 said...

5. Friday Night Lights - "To me, being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It's not about winning. It's about you, and your relationship to yourself and your family and your friends."

Answered By:Holly Elizabeth (Bev's kid)

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYN4jnA8fKs

BoltBacker21 said...

B! You are on a roll my friend! Thanks for working so hard for our game. Blood-N-Bolts Productions wouldn't be the same without you!

I'm excited to see next week's intro. Did you get my email on it, or go a different rout?

klvalus said...

Dang that intro is somethin! He does need to write a book!!!

The only one I knew was #2 - FAME! I'm gonna live forever...I'm gonna learn how to fly - high!

Now I am going to be singing that for the rest of the night...

Good one guys! Sorry I can add to the answers.

BoltBacker21 said...

No, we appologize to you Kristen. It's not right that you have that song stuck in your head just because of our game. I feel terrible. If you would like to fix that problem, just go up to my playlist and pick out something catchy. That should do it.

Thanks for playing!!!

Blood said...

O boy...out on an island at work...went with a tangent.

I could check the mail?

we must...we must increase our trust.

fun fun fun

gcoach said...

Bolt - I've really missed these. I'm going to give number 4 a shot. Tom Cruise and Lea Thompson were in it. I can't remember the coach's name (real) but he was in Poltergeist and played Hayden Fox on the series Coach. The name of the movie...I believe...is "All the Right Moves" a movie about high school football in Pittsburgh. How'd I do? Good to see you again. One post and I'm already having more fun than I have in quite a while on the former site.

BoltBacker21 said...

What's up G? (I've always wanted to say that)

Excellent work on sounding out number 4! Craig T. Nelson was the coach and your title was right on!

I'm so happy that you made the move over here and dropped in to play. Blood and I are still knocking this out every Tuesday night!

BoltBacker21 said...

4. All the Right Moves - "This is the wrong bus son. This is for players. You ride back with the cheerleaders."

Answered By: GCoach

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS5MtPXo13k

BoltBacker21 said...

B. You do a lot of work on these intros. Go with your gut and we'll roll with it.

Okay, now I'll turn my back and fall back. You catch me okay? Now that is trust!

gcoach said...

Thanks! I couldn't take it anymore at the last home. I'm looking forward to being here and blogging with people who will engage. Of course...it would appear that I have to get up to speed on my NASCAR...but I'm going with college football for now and of course...still carryin' my head up high for my Sooners...in spite of...well...you know!

BoltBacker21 said...

Okay everyone, I believe we still need 3, 8, 9, and 10! I'll leave clues tomorrow evening if you need 'em.

BoltBacker21 said...

Yes Coach, NASCAR is huge around here. However, football is here and I certainly inspire some great posts from many of your old friends.

Tough break for the Sooners. I'll bet that Ed was doing backflips for BYU.

I agree about the old site. It's hard to get many comments. I hate how the comments are in reverse order from how the used to be. That killed our film game over there. Playlists, pics, and videos not being in the comments stinks too. It's a shame. It was once a great place to write and visit.

gcoach said...

Eight - Judd Nelson in "The Breakfast Club!" Anthony Michael Hall, Judd, Molly Ringwald, Alley Sheedy, Emilio Estevez...all in detention. Judd is talking to the teacher who administers detention...and I can't remember his name either...however...I think he recently passed away. He played in Trading Places as the guy the brothers hired to steal the orange futures report. The guy who ended up in a monkey suit. Hope I didn't waste all of that and then end up being wrong.

gcoach said...

Beeks!!! The guy's name in Trading PLaces was BEEKS!

5KidMom said...

OK, OK...I usually don't guess for fear people will accuse us of collusion, but I can't help myself this time. #8 is one of my all time favorite movies, "The Breakfast Club"!! The quote is said by the stoner character, John Bender (Judd Nelson), to the principal. I've seen this flick a bajillion times, so I figure I would probably recognize most of the rather brilliant lines if put up in quote form, but I swear I had no previous knowledge of the quotes in this round of "Name That Film".

Thanks for including this film, Babe. It was fun to finally play along 8^)

~Mrs. Bolt

BoltBacker21 said...

Yes! Number 8 is Breakfast Club! Extra credit for the added facts and pulling out the name Beeks!

Nice work!

Clip to follow!

BoltBacker21 said...

I have to give this answer to both GCoach and 5KidMom. GCoach sent it in first, but my wife guessed it right yesterday but didn't leave the comment. Nice work Baby! (nice work Baby, and you too G!)

8. The Breakfast Club - "Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?"

Answered By: GCoach and 5KidMom

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMMKb2rHNdM

BoltBacker21 said...

You all have my word that Blood-N-Bolts Productions would never leak answers out to anyone. Not family, friends, loan sharks, or Tila Tequila. The answers to each quote was femetically sealed in a pickle jar and burried in my backyard until their unveiling. Really!

Bosox 61 said...

I believe you Will. I believe there is no one more trustworthy to protect the integrity of the classic "Name That Film" game that has been spanning the blogosphere for the past year than you are.

Great to see GCoach here tonight. He and I spent some time feeling sorry for ourselves about the change in the FOX site. I can agree with his sentiment about NASCAR. I still don't get it. I watched 2 races at a friends house recently trying to understand what the excitement was that has so many people on these sites all worked up about. Unfortunately , I failed to gain any insight and I so wanted to comment on Lugnuts just to let those folks from the old FOX site that they are thought of fondly.

Anyhoo, I'll throw in #3. "Risky Buisiness". However I don't remember Joel saying it to anybody. I remember his pal saying it to him in the beginning of the movie. Look forward to seeing the clip.

BoltBacker21 said...

Thanks for your confidence bosox!

I was really into racing when I was a kid. Foyt, Uncer, Allison, Petty, Mears, Andretti and the rest really got my attetion. I think there are so many options of what to watch and things to do now so I don't choose to watch the races.

As for your answer....of course, you are right! Risky Business for number 3! Yes, "Joel" did say the quote. In fact he said it to the Ivy League college recruiter when he learned that he was not a match for their school.

Here is your clip.

BoltBacker21 said...

3. Risky Business - "You know Bill? There's one thing I've learned in all my years. Sometimes you got to say, "What the %$#&" and make your move."

Answered By: bosox61

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpuAeIEXoAc

BoltBacker21 said...

Okay, if you're still checking in, we still need 9 and 10. Here are some clues:

9. Opposite of Sit and Fail to Come Through

10. "They used to call me Crazy Joe...Now you can call me Batman!"

storkjrc said...

Hey guys, I guess i can fill in the last two.

9. Stand and Deliver- with the forever pockmarked Edward James Olmos.

10. Lean on Me. with Morgan Freeman. My fav. line from that movie is from near the end. A kid says " we don't want a good principal, we want Mr. Clark"

Hey bosox. Most of us Nascar fans like the stick and ball sports too. For me personally, I usually just didn't feel like I knew enough to join in the conversations.

BoltBacker21 said...

Nice work storkjrc! We got them all this week!!!

My favorite line in Stand and Deliver is when Mr. Clark has the kid on the roof of the school and discovers that he is a crack smoker. He tells the kid to jump. He says, "If you are going to kill yourself, quit F-ing around and do it expiditiously!"

Classic.

By the way, feel free to chime in on any of my stick and ball posts. All takes are welcome, no matter how informed. I'll even take comments from Raider fans!

BoltBacker21 said...

9. Stand and Deliver - "You owe me 100% and I'll see you in The People's Court."

Answered By: storkjrc

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohRbahonkCU


10. Lean on Me - "We sink, we swim, we rise, we fall, we meet our fate together!"

Answered By: storkjrc

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWW4KogocfQ