Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Name that Film: Bad Ass Edition

Welcome back to this week's edition of Name that Film! For those of you who are seasoned veterans, you need no direction here. For those who are new comers, here is how it works.

This is a joint effort between myself (Bolt Backer 21) and my Bostonian pahtna bloodredsox. Throughout the week, blood and I get together and choose a topic to focus on. Once that is done, blood gets to work on putting together his special introduction (in blood red), and I start looking up quotes and clips. That's all there is to it! So, let's get to this week's Name that Film: Bad Ass Edition! Good luck!!!

First of all...I don't have the time and wish you to radio Headquarters and say that you have been captured. It begins here for us on this road. How the whole mess happened we don't know, but we know it couldn't happen again in a million years. Maybe we could have stopped it early, but once trouble was on it's way, we was juss going with it. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we ken buy shaz we don't need. So, don't even think of talkin' ta me...in fact, Mother, tell yer children not to walk my way!


Say, what time is it? Can't find my watch! I think you're way outta line talkin ta me like that. What you're saying is libelous, and you're in no position to challenge my expertise. Did you know equal parts of gasoline and frozen orange juice concentrate may produce napalm? Now, listen, you don't go away one special place, that's cornball style! You juss go. The glow will be waiting, anticipating an attitude of one more or less, Steve McQueen; set in the thick of the scene, knee deep in the mud of bad blood.

Yet our trip was different. It was a classic affirmation of everything right and true in the national character; a gross physical salute to the fantastic possibilities of life in this country. But only for those with true grit; look 'em in the eye and spit. Jah! You tink you're too good for me? Nobody's too good for me! Anybody tinks they're too good for me, I make sure I knock 'em over sometime. Right now I could slap you around to show you how good you are and tomorrow, I'm someplace else and I don't even know you or nuttin. Think I'm bluffing? Ever seen the flaring nostrils of Jack Torrance up close and personal stuck in the craw of your muffin?


One does not require the title of outlaw biker to seek personal justice. Trust us...The Film Edition preys for your success...but...like...you think I'm funny how? Like...I amuuse you? Don't make me beat the snot out of yuse with the handle of this BLACK phone or catch you on the street alone...(you feel that sting big boy? That's pride messin wit cha! Chew gutta fight true dat shaz...)

You hear a little girl Frankie? Is that a little girl Ace? What happened to the tough guy who told my friend this blog was dumb? I believe in Death, Destruction, Chaos, Filth, and Greed. The street would kill you and your rhetoric awful quick, on that I am certain. %*#$ off with your sofa units and striped green patterns. I say never be complete. Stop being perfect. Evolve, let the chips fall where they may. Hay-zeus! You got the time? Bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing-intolerable vibrations in this place. Muss rearrange face. Get out. The weasels are closing in. Find the time. They drew first blood, not ME! I ken smell the fugly brutes a mile away!


Pride sure is a poor substitute for intelligence. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself FEEEEL better. Take some responsibility! Didn't matter. It didn't mean anything. When I was broke, I'd go out and rob some more. We ran everything. We paid off cops. We paid off lawyers. We paid off judges. Everyone had their hands out. Everything was for the taking. Even a brand new Ford Pinto!


I think I may have broken a rib...but not from giving you oral pleasure. Wolf den this is lone wolf do you read? You know there's more bloggers out there and you know where they are. Find them or I'll find you.

Listen up maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else! ...whether or not what we are experiencing presently is..according to Holy miracle...insignificant. What is significant is the connection and involvment, no matter how seemingly slight. Nothing is static. I heard even the Mona Lisa is falling apart.


One can't juss expect to stroll around town selling "consciousness expansion" without giving a thought to the grim meat hook realities that lies awake for every beligerent blogger.


Emergency water landing-600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as hindu cows. Mass society. Materialism. Property. Capitalism. Technology. Social Order. I'm sorry did I break your concentration? Thank Gawd for the rain to wash the trash off the sidewalk. The idea has been growing in my brain for sometime: TRUE force. All the King's men cannot put it back together again. The days go on and on...they don't end. I see you are no stranger to pain. Do you wish to give your name?


What you muss understand is that we have to interrogate you. There isn't one of us that doesn't want to be someplace else. But this is what we do, who we are.

You miiiind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down? "What" aint no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in What? I pray to Gawd if I ever had a greivance I'd have a little more self respect. Our Great War is a spiritual war..we've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionares, and movie gods, and rock stars, but we won't and we're slowly learning that fact.


If my answers fighten you then you should cease asking scary questions. There is this strong desire for chaos and an urge to destroy something beautiful but we're gonna nurse you back to health anyway. You're strong and you're gonna live a long life...in a cage! And this time for life! I want what they want, what every blogger wants who comes over here and spills their guts...for poetry to love us as much as we love it...and the words to stain every page; a master of Destiny with the best of intentions and of the mind to be on time. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort..and that's the hardest part. Today everything is different; there's no action...you have to wait around like everyone else. Somebody messes with me, I'm gonna mess with him.


Any you boys wanna shoot, now's the time. I know what you're thinking.


"Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Will you flee? Off to safety. Obscurity. Just another freak in the freak kingdom. I drive by this place a lot and I see you here. And I think you need something. And if you want to call it a friend, you ken call it a friend. Do you happen to have the time? The path of the righteous person is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil. Blessed is thee who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of Darkness; for thee truly is thy brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

I specifically reminded her-bedside table! On the Kangaroo!

I said the words aloud, "Don't forget my Father's watch." Now I'm thinkin': it could mean this idea is evil. And this blog is ridiculous. Or cencorship is a shepherd for the feeble minded. Or it could mean you are truly righteous for reading til the bitter end and it's the world that's evil and selfish at times.

I'd like that. And that shaz would be the truth.

Thanks bloodredsox for another epic introduction! Now, lets see how many fans we have of action movies out there.
Directions: Read the quotes below and name the movie they came from. This week you could also name the actor who played the bad ass in that movie. When the correct answer is given, I will give credit to the person who got it right first and then add a link so that you can watch the clip that it came from. That's it! Let's get to it!!!

1. "This is where the law stops.....and I start."

2. "We are a rescue team, not assissins."

3. "This is for Franklin.......You lose."

4. "You might try to kill me."

5. "Lady, do I sound like I'm ordering a pizza?!"

6. "There will be no more pills. No more bad food. No more destroyers of my body."

7. "Get three coffins ready."

8. "Someone made me what I am."

9. "Any chance of catching these men?"

10. "I've had my back broke once and my hip twice, and on my worst day I could beat the hell out of you."


Alright contestants, let's see those answers! Some are hard, and some are easy. All are possible and I am sure that you will continue to amaze me by getting all ten once again this week. Keep checking in to find out the ones you didn't know.
Thanks for playing Name that Film and please come back next Tuesday for our next edition!

Sorry, that was real life.

34 comments:

aero said...

Hey guys, another fine job by blood and bolts productions.

Many of these quotes sound familiar, but as usual my misspent youth has come back to haunt me.

Number seven sounds like an old Clint Eastwood western, but I think he would have needed more than three.

Again my compliments fellas and take care.

BoltBacker21 said...

Thanks aero! You're thought on number seven is hilarious. You don't know how close you are, in more ways than one.

Thanks for playing!!!

Gene Haddock said...

Wild Guesses....

4....Dirty Harry

5....Pulp Fiction

7....High Plains Drifter

Gene Haddock said...

Another less wild guess....

All the quotes are by Clint Eastwood!?

BoltBacker21 said...

Gene, all of those guesses make perfect sense. However, unfortunately, they are all wrong. On the bright side, one of the quotes is from Clint!

THanks for playing!!!

SpeedBeagle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SpeedBeagle said...

Oops- try again here.

No clue whatsoever on the quotes.

Something to think about- the red used for blood's introduction is a bit difficult to read on the dark blue background. The red used for the quotes is not a problem.

storkjrc said...

i love tuesdays!! I always get a chance to flex my geek muscle!

1. Cobra- Stallone at his finest in my opinion. Also has a killer chopped Merc in this movie.

2. Predator- Which also answers the question, Name a film with two future governors?

5. Die Hard the original. Much to my wifes chagrin I love the Die Hard movies. 1 and 3 are my favs.

6. Taxi Driver- my opinion, some of Deniro's best work.

i am pretty sure of those. i have a guess for 8. Sounds like another DeNiro in Cape Fear.

nice job as usual bolt. you will have to get blood to come over and holler at us every once in awhile.

BoltBacker21 said...

Hi Speedy! Thanks for the comment about the red. I think I lightened it a little bit. Did it help? I could go to the same red as the quotes, but then it's not "blood" red. I'll do whatever works best fot the readers.

Thanks for playing!!!

BoltBacker21 said...

Storkjrc, excellent work my friend!!! All of your confident answers were correct! Only number 8 was wrong. Your clips will follow!

Thanks for playing!!!

PS I sent blood the link, hopefully he'll show up and add his 2 cents.

BoltBacker21 said...

1. Sylvester Stallone: Cobra: "This is where the law stops.....and I start."

Answered by:storkjrc

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSHzAqf8OFQ

BoltBacker21 said...

2. Arnold: Predator: "We are a rescue team, not assissins."

Answered by: storkjrc

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-d8-t3W6Ac

BoltBacker21 said...

5. Bruce Willis: Die Hard: "Lady, do I sound like I'm ordering a pizza?!"

Answered by: storkjrc

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na6oY90tfpw

BoltBacker21 said...

6. Robert Da niro: Taxi Driver: "There will be no more pills. No more bad food. No more destroyers of my body."

Answered by: storkjrc

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoMrm6BtL9A

SpeedBeagle said...

Much better!!!

klvalus said...

Oh man I have no idea on any of these...can you do one that focuses on animal movies,horses specifically, ya know, the Black Stallion, Seabiscuit etc...I would hope to get those!

Send me your and bleed's emails so I can get you invited to the exFox bloggers group blog "LugNuts and FanAddicts!"

klvalus@yahoo.com

BoltBacker21 said...

I guess it wasn't your genre this week Klvalus. Horses huh? "Neigh, Neigh, Whinney!" Do you know that one? lol

Blood and I will have to have a sidebar and see what we can do for you.

Thanks for the suggestion. They are always welcome. Coming up with a theme is the hardest part most weeks.

Bosox 61 said...

#4 is "Lara Croft, Tomb Raider"

aero said...

Hey guys, I just had a flash back, I think #8 is from Blade Runner.

BoltBacker21 said...

Paul! Yes, number 4 is Lara Croft: Tomb Raider!!!

Nicely done sir! Your clip will follow!

Thanks for playing!!!

Our next game will be next Tuesday morning, but feel free to check back in and see what the other films were.

BoltBacker21 said...

4. Angelina Jolie: Lara Croft: Tomb Raider: "You might try to kill me."

Answered by: Paul

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1yu-HGSSLk

BoltBacker21 said...

Sorry aero, your flashback was misleading. No Blade Runner this week. Great movie though. Don't worry, I think you were Bourne to get number 8 right in the end.

BoltBacker21 said...

Okay, I see it is time for some hints! Here we go!

Number 3: The toughest guy in the world, in a sequel.

Number 7: Clint is right, but it doesn't make a handful of cents.

Number 8: You were Bourne to answer this correctly.

Number 9: Sometimes we wish we were dead.

Number 10: Can't have a bad ass collection without this American hero. He wasn't a king, but he was The Duke!

Anonymous said...

#3 - Terminator II??? I don't know!

#7 - A Fistful of Dollars!!!

#8 - Bourne Supremacy!!!

#9 - I know what it is but I cheated.

#10 - True Grit!!!

BoltBacker21 said...

Okay Bev, You got one right (number 7), two wrong (1 and 10), and one half right (8). Nice effort all around!

Your clip for number 7 will follow.

Thanks for playing!!!

We still need 3, 8, 9, & 10!

BoltBacker21 said...

7. Clint Eastwood: A Fistful of Dollars: "Get three coffins ready."~

Answered by: belleofsavannah

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hubnd9-OHpc

BoltBacker21 said...

Next hints for the remaining...

Bad Asses in each remaining film:

3. Chuck Norris

8. Matt Damon

9. Charles Bronson

10. John Wayne

Bosox 61 said...

Hey Will,

I've got some answers.

#9 is "Death Wish"

#10 is "The Cowboys"

#8 is "The Bourne Identity"

Bosox 61 said...

I forgot...

#3 is "Missing in Action"

BoltBacker21 said...

Well bosox, all but one of your answers are correct according to my answer key. However, you are close enough on number 8, so I will give you credit for all four!!!

Thanks to you and everyone for playing. This will be the only site that carries this game next week. I hope to see all of you back.

Your clips will follow!

BoltBacker21 said...

3. Chuck Norris: Missing in Action 2: "This is for Franklin.......You lose."

Answered by: bosox61

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoC25mlYI-Y

BoltBacker21 said...

8. Matt Damon: The Bourne Ultimatum: "Someone made me what I am."

Answered by: bosox61

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJoVljaZP0k

BoltBacker21 said...

9. Charles Bronson: Death Wish: "Any chance of catching these men?"

Answered by: bosox61

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2unqb1eVe-w

BoltBacker21 said...

10. John Wayne: Cowboys: "I've had my back broke once and my hip twice, and on my worst day I could beat the hell out of you."

Answered by: bosox61

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqxHhnUJnMI