Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Name that Film: Sports Edition


Hi everyone and welcome to this week's edition of Name that Film! This is the internet game where I say the lines, and you name the movie! Sounds easy enough, let's see how you do!
This week, all films are sports related! Therefore, every quote you read will be from a different sports movie.
Directions: Read the following quotes and name the film it came from. Simple as that! Just leave your answers in the comments section and I will let you know if you were right. If you are correct, I will add a link to the clip containing your quote in the comment section.
Warning: Some of the clips may contain adult language. It is up to you to decide if you want to hear such language. If not, don't click. Again, simple as that!

FYI: This game has been played on my Foxsports.com blog for over a year now and has been very fun to do. On Fox, my partner bloodredsox and I have a more elaborate edition, but the quotes are the same.

Okay, enough delay. Let's get begin playing Name that Film! Sports Edtion!!

1. "That's Buckingham Palace. If you plan on living there, you're going to have to marry the Queen."

2. "You can't buy what I'm gonna give you. I mean, I've got pain. I've got experience."
3. "How's an old fart like me supposed to keep up with a dedicated young Christian stud like Harding? It's discouraging."

4. "Did I ask for your excuses? If you're gonna act like a star, you're gonna have to give me a star effort."

5. "You're too stupid to even catch the ball."

6. "I know an 11 year old girl who is already on the pill!"

7. "Tempo is everything, perfection is unabtainable."

8. "Take it easy, you're as tight as a drum."

9. "Dave's a mess."

10. "They buy those for the gum."


Alrighty then, let's see those answers! Some are easy and some are hard. Last week 9 or 10 quotes were answered correctly by the foxsports bloggers. Let's try to get all 10 this week. Funny thing about last week was that the last two movie quotes left were the only sports related movies on the list. Hmmm, I'm not sayin'...

Thanks for playing and we hope to see you next week. Keep those ideas for new editions coming. We can use all the help we can get.

24 comments:

Gene Haddock said...

3...Semi Tough

6...Bad News Bears

8...Tin Cup

10...Bull Durham

BoltBacker21 said...

Great try, however you only got number six right. You were on the right track with number 3, but not quite right. You may have had the wrong number with Tin Cup.

Thanks for playing and your link will follow.

BoltBacker21 said...

6.. The Bad News Bears: "I know an 11 year old girl who is already on the pill!"

Answered by: Gene

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWmIBKHs8yk

SpeedBeagle said...

I have no clue whatsoever. The only sports movie I can quote is A League of Their Own, and none of the given quotes look even remotely familiar.

Welcome to blogspot!!!

BoltBacker21 said...

Hi SpeedyB! Great to see you. Thanks for the welcome. It's good to see that some people have found this blog of mine.

Funny story about A League of Their Own... When my daughter was about 6, she was playing in her first t-ball game. On her first at bat, she doubled down the left field line. Although she was easily safe at second, and no one was covering the bag, the left fielder still through the ball to second base. The ball hit my daughter square in the mouth, chipping her front tooth. To my amazement, she didn't cry. When I asked her how she kept from crying, she said, "there's no crying in baseball." It wa a very proud moment for me. I had that quote on a sticker in the back window of my truck. I guess it sank in. Now, she shows her toughness by playing high school water polo. That is no joke!

Anyway, thanks for dropping in!!

storkjrc said...

bolt. glad you posted this over here. Saves me a trip to the wretch that has become the Fox blogs. pass my regards to bloodredsox as well. His intro was killer as usual. I started salivating when i saw the category, but that was tempered by your usual toughness. I only think i know 5. one of which Gene got.

4. Remember the Titans

5. White Men Can't Jump

7. Tin Cup- (the swing by Roy McAvoy)

10. For the Love of the Game.

i will guess on three- how about

North Dallas Forty

Great job as usual. and i love the story about your daughter. Classic, plus i thought that was a great movie as well. It was filmed in Evansville IN. about 75 miles from Louisville, and my brother-in-law was an extra, although you can't see him- he was a fan in the stands.

BoltBacker21 said...

Nice work Storkjrc! If you saw blood's intro, you did go to Fox. This blog only has my part. I decided to condense it some for this blog.

Anyway, great job getting half of the quotes right! Very nice and thanks for keeping an eye out for our game.

Your links will follow!

BoltBacker21 said...

3. North Dallas Forty: "How's an old fart like me supposed to keep up with a dedicated young Christian stud like Harding? It's discouraging."

Answered by: Storkjrc

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGsL8Pey_l8

BoltBacker21 said...

4. Remember the Titans: "Did I ask for your excuses? If you're gonna act like a star, you're gonna have to give me a star effort."

Answered by: Storkjrc

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el5QXV-W5_g

BoltBacker21 said...

5. White Men Can't Jump: "You're too stupid to even catch the ball."

Answered by: Storkjrc

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZrRVNbVbCE

BoltBacker21 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BoltBacker21 said...

7. TIn Cup: "Tempo is everything, perfection is unabtainable."

Answered by: Storkjrc

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LOqvh694iQ

BoltBacker21 said...

10: For the Love of the Game: "They buy those for the gum."

Answered by: Storkjrc

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtlP12MaeuA

Anonymous said...

Is it over? Am I too late? What's left?

Gene Haddock said...

I knew it was either Semi-tough or N Dallas 40. So, I took a shot, 50/50.

These sports movies were tough.

BoltBacker21 said...

Welcome Bev, it looks like we still need 1, 2, 8 and 9. Not to bad for just a few participants! Let's see what you can do!

BoltBacker21 said...

Those movies are almost interchangable Gene. It's hard to find the right mixture of quotes for these contests. If I go with obvious quotes, the game is over in no time. If I make them too obscure, then people tend to quit. I think this week is going pretty well. I like for the game to take at least 24 hours to complete.

Thanks for playing!!!

Gene Haddock said...

#2 sounds like Mickey in 'Rocky'?

"But I ain't got no locker, do I Mick?"

BoltBacker21 said...

Nice work Gene! Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. Busy day and night.

Clip: 2. Rocky: "You can't buy what I'm gonna give you. I mean, I've got pain. I've got experience."

Answered by: Gene

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SDJj9yyqds

Anonymous said...

Showoff!!!

lol

Anonymous said...

WE HAVE SOUND!!!!! It's a miracle! lol

We can load PLAYLISTS on blogspot!

Help me find Bloodredsox and tell him he has reason to live again! lol

Take a look and listen:

http://belleofsavannah.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-07-02T06%3A05%3A00-04%3A00&max-results=1

BoltBacker21 said...

THanks for the headsup Bev!

KingTitan39 said...

Hey Bolt! Glad to see this game somewhere where I can find it......I dont "get" the fox sports new setup so i cant get to the blogs. Seems too overcomplicated to me...Well I knew the Remember the Titans quote on number 4 but the rest just draws a blank. Hope to see you around

BoltBacker21 said...

King!!! Glad to see you found us over here. There is actually a new game for this week in this blog as well (NTF: Bad Ass Edition). We still need five movies named and I have left hints for all five. You should check it out.

This will be the new home for Name that Film. I don't like the way it works on Fox anymore. Blood and I would really appreciate seeing you here in the future! We're up and running every Tuesday!!